Thursday, August 13, 2009

So Not Lost

or at least I hope not!

Things have been a bit busy and in a state of upheaval around here. I never seem to be home during normal hours anymore, and when I am home I am trying to get all those "other" things done so this poor ole' blog has taken a big back seat.

The job. At this moment I am a bit peeved about it. Overall I enjoy the job. I like being out even if that means dealing with people that can be a bit rude sometimes. What gets me is the people I work with. After spelling out all the policy whatnots to me and telling me what you have to do and what you shouldn't do I find every last one of them doing the exact opposite. Talking on the cell phone during work hours- yes they do and no they shouldn't. Smoking in the booth- yes they do and no they shouldn't. This goes for all 5 of the other ladies I work with. I am the oldest and the only one that doesn't smoke.

I spent this week working the day shift from around 10-6, which I liked because I could see the family. Dealing with alot more people is a given, but the damn drama that goes on up there is enough to drive you crazy. The manager has been on vacation all this week so that is just one more thing. The assistant manager hasn't been coping too well with running the joint. There are two that are in their very early 20's and really could care less about doing their jobs. I got written up for not doing something when it wasn't even me. That pissed me off beyond words yesterday. When I have worked hard to make sure that all the daily jobs on the list are completed and the pop coolers are stocked and ready and then to get written up because the next shift didn't do their part? BS but what can I do.

Will is somewhat enjoying his new job. He feels bad about not being able to give Carolyn the two weeks notice she deserved, but when you are not even sure you are going to have a job to come in to the next day you have to do something, and the place he got hired on at needed somebody like yesterday. Guess she is a bit mad over it, but if she was a bit better on the business side of things she wouldn't have gotten herself into the mess she has. She is the owner afterall.

Things around the farm are slow. Summer is just chugging along and thanks to rain through out July and some into August the grass is still growing good and that makes for happy cows. The plan is still to cut the herd down dramatically this fall which will make things even easier this winter. I figure if I am still working at Murphy's I will ask to work straight nights so that I can be able to do the winter farming during the daytime.

Got Tori's senior pictures yesterday and they are great! She looks so good in them and I really like the way they turned out. $450 is a bit much for what we got, but they are good! I also got a nice little care package from Veronica yesterday. Luckily it was still intact when everyone else got home and it was full of scrapping goodies! Gotta love that!

So I took the puppies and Bowzer to the vet last week for shots and checkups. Seems that the puppies are 6 months old (older than we figured) and aren't Great Pyrenees. More like a Labrodoodle. Whatever they are they are BIG! Badger weighed in at 38 lbs and Possum at 34. They are as big as Bowzer in size and have a long way to grow! Bowzer weighed in at 65 lbs and he got a steroid shot and some antibiotic shots for allergies and a major hot spot near his tail. He is one happy old man this week. It is good to see him do more than just lay around and sleep. I gotta get some new pictures of them all together and then I will hopefully get them posted!

Well, it is really too early for me to be up so I think I will get off here, get the girls off to school and then go back to bed for awhile. The plan is to pick them up at school today so that we can get a few things in town and get some yearbook ads sold. I will try to be a better blogger!

No comments: