Saturday, July 25, 2009

The weedend

Well, I am officially ready to start work. I went up this morning and filled out all the necessary paperwork which is now done completly on the computer and picked up my uniform and my schedule. I start Monday afternoon and work everyday training with various people learning the various parts of the job and then next Sunday I am on my own. I am really excited about it all, and despite being out of the workforce for the past 6 years I am ready to go.

Our trip to Indianapolis didn't happen. The teenagers had a bit of a falling out (they are all better now) and so the concert was a no go. I wouldn't have minded going up to see the zoo and the museums that we had planned to see, but I am not one to travel very far from home unless I have too.

Theft and vandalism have begun to be a real problem around here. Sometime yesterday morning someone decided it would be fun to cut up our brand new barbed wire fence in about 6 places and steal the brand new fence posts. Lucky for us we didn't use many but they got away with enough and really messed up a perfectly good fence. The cows sure noticed it! Lucky for us we have some good people for neighbors and they called about it. It has been reported to the authorities but they have yet to come down to even look at it. I got some pictures of it and it had to be fixed today to keep cows in so I guess they will just have to take the pictures and documentation. Ours was not the only fence hit in the area, and another neighbor lost about a dozen posts that they hadn't put wire to yet. Hopefully someone will slip up and they will catch them.

The girls are ready for school. Emily has her Open House on monday evening and then they are off bright and early on Wednesday. Tori will find out on the first day what her schedule is like and hopefully it will be a good one. I hate to spend the first week of school fighting with the counselor about it. She put in to take all AP and Dual Credit classes as well as some filler classes. I hope that they give her what she wanted and not what they think she should take.

Well, as much as I would love to stay on and chat I need to clean up from working outside in the shop and find something to do before I fall asleep at the desk. I missed having a nap today!

No comments: