Saturday, August 29, 2009

Not busy enough!

Apparently I am not because I just took on another job. I was called the other day about driving a couple of Amish children to school. They had someone lined up but he decided that he didn't want to do it daily and so they were trying to find someone that lived close to all the families that may would do it. Well, I am a sucker and I cannot tell Ervin no after all he does for my family so starting on Monday morning I will be picking up 7 children and taking them to 2 different schools in the morning and then picking them up in the afternoon before heading to town for my other real job. But when you are offered what will be about $400 a month just to drive 30 miles a day and an hours time how can I say no? Sleep is overrated anyway!

Well, I don't remember what was the going on with Tori the last time I posted, but she has dropped Color Guard and took up running for Student Council President, became the President of the Book Club and joined the Gaming Technology club that will meet twice a month after school. Not to mention she is still doing the school yearbook and newspaper, started the Dual Credit Psychology class offered through WKU that meets on Wednesday's. Oh, and did I mention that during the book club meeting on Friday she was also nominated for Homecoming Queen? Can you say that this girl is going all out this year? I am really proud of her and all she is trying to do.

The cloud that had been hanging over this house since Andrew left for the Navy finally lifted this week in the form of a letter. He finally got a chance to write and Tori has been walking on cloud 9 ever since. Makes for happier parents too!

Tuesday is the day that registration opens up for the Inspired Artist Workshop in NC next May. I am taking Tori as part of her graduation. I have been wanting to go for that past 2 years and made the decision to take Tori in 2010. I am beyond excited about the whole trip and am hoping that some of my scrapping buddies in AZ and NY can come too! That would really be the best trip ever!

Well, I am a bit on the tired side after working this afternoon, and I still haven't eaten any dinner. I have some rumblies in my tumblies!

No comments: