Monday, August 31, 2009

A new day

and so far so good.

Today I started my driving job. I will be picking up Amish school children and one of the teachers everyday. Aside from not knowing if anyone would be ready or not and knowing that because of a repaving on the highway that I would have to deal with I had my fingers crossed when I walked out the door this morning. Everything worked out and I found out a few more details along the way. This afternoon should go smoothly and then I will be headed up town to work.

I have managed to get a few things done. Some may be more appreciated than others but I don't care. I made a letter to send home with the children this afternoon with information that I thought they needed and then I started working on a checklist for work. Since we have to stock the pop/juice coolers several times a day and orders have to be put together at least once a week if not more often then I had been working on a system of writing down what we had as far as the juice/gatorade and energy drinks went. So far it seems to be working and if everyone subtracts from it as they should then when it comes time to order then it only takes a glance. I plan to make one up for the pop coolers too. If we know what we have to have before we head to the back to get it and how many it makes it go so much quicker than trying to remember a couple at a time. Plus it goes back to if we are out of something then we know it before we have to tear the entire storage building apart looking for a specific something. I plan to see what the manager thinks about it, and since we are beginning a new month and the audits have been a bit off then maybe this will be a way to take better control of everything.

Will starts a new job today. Pan Olson laid off over half their workforce last week and he was lucky enough to get another job at the Country Oven Bakery that started today. He had no idea what he would be doing or when he would get off, but at least he is working.

No comments: