Friday, July 10, 2009

Killing time

seems to be on the menu today. After going to work with Will this morning and hanging out watching some cute cakes get made and actually accomplishing a bit of journaling for my Lisa Day class I have going, eating a great Japanese lunch, visiting with the in-laws for awhile and then coming home to an empty house it seems that we have literally killed another day. Since we got home around 4 or so Will and I have been on our respective computers playing.

Facebook has been a godsend for me. I have reconnected with several former classmates that has been a great booster for me and playing the various games on there, FarmTown in particular, I am hooked. Maybe I should have taken that class from Cathy Z that she had awhile back. I seem to have gotten the hang of it all now that it is too late!

With summer here and the haying done there isn't a whole lot to do on the farm and so I spend my days piddling around the house. I have been debating on turning in more applications at various places or waiting to see what happens this fall after most if not all of the cows go to market. I feel a bit torn over the whole thing.

School starts for the girls in a few weeks and so a routine of going to bed at a decent time and getting up early again will have to start. I personally will not have a problem with this as my schedule is pretty much the same all the time, but both the girls have been taking advantage of the lack of structure around here. They are gonna have it rough for awhile!

I need to get off the computer and get into the scraproom and get some layouts done for the Lisa Day class! I have been doing the section pages the past 3 weeks and downloading/printing all the daily email prompts, but haven't done any of the work. The album I bought especially for this class came today and now I feel like I can really get going. I picked a light brown corduroy album from American Crafts and since she challenged me to do it in the 6x12 size I got that one. This is the first time I have gotten this particular AC album, love the Modern line, and I am really loving the corduroy line too. Of course I may need to hang a tape roller from it to collect the cat hair that is surely going to be stuck to it very soon, but what the heck!

No comments: