Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crazy Week

at least it feels a bit crazy around here but I know that the biggest reason is because Will is staying in Bowling Green this week taking care of "that cat".

William is the type of person that brings a sense of calm and wellbeing to me. He knows how to read my feelings so he knows when to steer clear because I am way beyond pissy or when to give be a hug and tell me everything will be okay. Right now I could use one of those hugs.

Last night we all loaded up and headed to BG to have dinner with Will and Granny. We went to O'Charlies. I love their Grilled Turkey Burger, it is awesome. We all enjoyed the meal and the company. After dinner we headed to the mall for a quick shoe exchange in Dillards (Granny's not me) and then we headed back to the house. After a much needed stop at WalMart the kids and I headed home to bed.

Two nights in a row have seen me up until 11pm. Very unlike me and so I have been sleeping in until at least 8am. Tomorrow I won't have that luxury as I have to get up early to haul a steer to market. Oh well, need to get into the school night routine soon.

I have been following along with the free 9-week class that Jennifer McGuire is teaching at 2Peas with Ranger and Hero Arts products. This week it is all about alcohol inks and after watching the 2 videos she made Emily and I got all excited and pulled out all the inks and played for a couple of hours. I have had a project in mind for a specific person and don't really have the right colored paper to do it, but after seeing the videos the ideas just started to click and I am prepared to complete the project. I think it will be even better than if I had used regular ole' patterned paper. I know that she will love it!

Sunday afternoon I got to talk to my good friend Veronica in AZ. We chatted for at least an hour if not longer and it was so good to talk to her. She has been working hard on several projects and swaps to get ready for CE and she is going on the Tim Holtz Cruise in October. Lucky girl! I miss her and wish we lived closer together so that we could get together on a regular basis. If I could I would move to AZ in a heart beat. Too bad $ and jobs are required to do that kind of thing. I would move in no time flat! (yes honey I would take you and the kids with me!)

Well, I guess I am off. No telling what kind of trouble I can find on Facebook!

No comments: