Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Can you say half over?

Can you believe it? Where in the world did the first half of the year go to for criminy sakes. A couple of sleeps and a few more blinks and BAM! its gone.

I spent the day in BG. Picked out Tori's senior pictures which I had to put on a payment plan, picked up my "presale" at the Estee Lauder counter in Macy's and decided I needed to look around for something nice to wear this weekend. I have nothing that fits anymore and I luckily found 2 outfits that will do very nicely. Also picked up some unmentionables that I have been needing and kept putting off.

Browsed through a consignment store next to the studio while waiting to get picked up and found some great little things for gifts. They were having a bit of a sale and I found some nice things that I would sell my left arm for but have no place for. Instead I found a nice set of placemats, napkins, and a runner that will be a nice gift for someone. Also picked up a great little basket that I plan to make into a holdall for my scrap desk.

Today was sign up day for the new class that Cathy Z will be teaching in September. I am super excited about it and can't wait to get started on the pre-class homework. It is going to be so fun and is actually something I have been wanting to do for several years anyway. Luckily I have some great projects to keep my going until then. The July project for Life Well Crafted looks like it is going to be good and I couldn't help but sign up for a class called The Challenge of Me. It has already been going for a week so I do have some catching up to do but I think that it will be a good class. The third segment of the 4 Experts is Jenni Bowlin. I signed up awhile ago and have been looking for some of the things she asked for us to look for, but I really haven't had the time to shop in antique stores alot and when I have I haven't really found anything that jumped out at me so.....It should be fun anyway cuz she is a great teacher.

The free class at JessicaSprague.com starts soon too. Can you say glutton for punishment? Good thing my computer has alot of space to store stuff cuz sometimes I get in over my head.

Finished reading the 15th book in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. Soo dang funny that I end up laughing until I pee. Now everybody needs a good laugh once in awhile and believe me when I say these books will have you rolling tears! Definitly a fast read but so fun! Now I am reading the 2nd book in the Truth series by Mariah Stewart. I found her recently and have enjoyed all her books so far. When you read a book or two a week you need to find some new stuff sometimes.


Possum
Badger

The boys are growing like weeds. They have doubled in size and I am so glad they have eachother to chew on instead of everything else. They make for some good laughs too. Bowzer seems to have taken to them rather well and has started "allowing"them to walk the daily perimeter with him. He is faithful in his routine and walks it every morning and evening making sure to mark all the right spots. You could almost set your clock by him.

Been hooking up with old friends via Facebook this week. It is so good to find classmates and see how they are doing after 20 years away. It is also through this that I found out about Jami's accident. Luckily she is doing pretty good and is out of ICU. Her daughter has gotten to go home and the friend is out of a coma and may get to go home the end of the week. It really makes me wish that we had stayed in closer contact.
Thats it!

No comments: